© 2020 Ravi Seick
Be part of urbanana-AReal:
an art walk at Places _ VR Festival
Bring street art to the next level and augment existing artworks in Gelsenkirchen, Germany – at the heart of the Ruhr metropolis. We’re looking for both: German and international artists. Please apply with your portfolio of augmented reality artworks. 5 winners will earn 500 € (~560$) and become part of a public art exhibition.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- This opportunity is open to all artists, everywhere
- 5 artists will be chosen by an art jury
- Each winner will have an artwork assigned to augment it
- Application deadline: July 15th, 2020 at 11:59 PM CET
- Creators selected: July 17th, 2020
- AR artworks completed in Artivive app: Aug 13th, 2020
- urbananaAReal will be launched during Places _ Virtual Reality Festival (Aug 20 – 22, 2020). It will be accessible to the public for at least one year.
- The expense allowance of 500€ will be paid after successful completion
ABOUT THE PROJECT
urbanana invites to discover the urban jungle of Western Germany. The banana-shaped region in the heart of Europe extending from the Ruhr Area and Düsseldorf to Cologne is multi-faceted and full of creative people. Sometimes the city is their ramshackled playground, their building site – and their pride and joy. Promoting it`s digital and creative scenes urbanana is testing the boundaries of tourism communication with diverse collaborations.
The Places _ VR Festival is Germany’s first festival for Virtual and Augmented Reality. This interdisciplinary event in the Kreativ.Quartier Gelsenkirchen-Ückendorf gathers technology experts, young professionals, business and academic players, as well as a broad audience.