AUGMENTED REALITY POSTER EXHIBITION
Submit your animated poster designs for a chance to be included in an augmented reality (AR) poster exhibition at the Artivive art space in Vienna!
The AR poster exhibition will be part of “Walkie Talkie” – a program of panel discussions and art exhibitions investigating the connection between communication and art in and around Reindorfgasse – in the up-and-coming 15. district of Vienna.
The exhibition curated by Artivive and Improper Walls, opens on May 16, 2019, at the Artivive art space at Reindorfgasse 38. “Walkie Talkie” is a project organized by AA Collections, Artivive, Improper Walls, sound:frame and Hollerei in cooperation with Basis.Kultur.Wien / Kultur.Vor.Ort.
A NEW POSTER MOVEMENT
Animated posters create a new narrative space: typography and images break their bidimensional boundaries and start moving in the space of the viewer. The AR tool Artivive allows creatives to include a digital layer of animations and sound to their poster design. The original haptics of the poster design stays untouched while the digital layer can be unlocked only through a smartphone and tablet. Posters become a medium for performative art. Advertisements become an artwork, a performance to be experienced.
- the call is only open to poster designs (free choice of topic)
- Submission deadline: April 13, 2019 (max. 3 submissions per artist)
- 10 posters will be selected by curators from Artivive and Improper Walls
- Selected artists will be announced on April 24, 2019
- Opening: May 16, 2019, Artivive art space, Reindorfgasse 38, Vienna
- Create an animated poster design (image & video)
- Upload the poster design and animation to Bridge by Artivive (Please also fill in the “artwork info” section)
- Fill out your bio and work description (max. 2800 characters) in this form
- Add a printable image of your poster
- Submit the form
- Image size: A1 594 x 841 mm (width x height)
- For printing: JPG in 300 dpi, please include an extra bleed of 2 mm