3D Object Workshop
In this advanced workshop, the artist Francesca Fini will teach you about working with 3D Objects! Francesca will guide you through the process of creating an augmented reality experience in mixed media (made up of both 2D and 3D animated elements) and using the 3D Object feature on Bridge by Artivive. If you are looking for new knowledge, experience or inspiration make sure to join us and expand your horizons! 👩🎨
🙌 Why participate?
You will learn about many exciting topics, such as:
- Introduction to glb/glft format
- How to use glb/glft format and upload it to Artivive
- Creation of 3D animations optimized for AR
- The new 3D Object feature in Bridge by Artivive
- Using Blender
👨👩👧👧 Who is it for?
- Digital and Non-digital artists
- Artists-beginners and proficient creators
- Art enthusiasts
THE WORKSHOP WILL BE HELD IN ENGLISH.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A RECORDING OF THE WORKSHOP. This way you can re-visit some of the lessons you might have missed or double-check all the information you received!
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP!
1. Make sure you have an Artivive account, otherwise register for free: https://artivive.com/register
2. Download Artivive App on your device (smartphone/tablet)
- Download for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/artivive/id1188737494
- Download for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.artivive&hl=en_US
3. Install a photo editing software Adobe Photoshop: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html or equivalent photo editing software
4. Install Blender: https://www.blender.org/download/
5. Prepare a target image (your own artwork or public domain image)
6. Prepare a 3D Model (created by you or downloaded from any 3D resource website) in order to test the process during the workshop
Artivive is the platform where artists build the future of analog and digital art. Our vision is to change how art is created and consumed and in addition to building a community around augmented reality art.
Francesca Fini is an interdisciplinary artist working with experimental cinema, digital animation, new media, installation, and performance art. Her many and varied projects, often addressing issues related to femininity, the distortions in the perception of beauty, and the influences of society on gender and women’s issues, are a mix of traditional and digital media, lo-fi technology, 3D animation, homemade interaction design devices, live audio and video. Her work has been presented in many important international festivals and venues, among them the 2011 WRO Biennale in Poland, NordArt International Art Exhibition in Germany, at FILE Electronic Language International Festival in Brasil, CYBERFEST in Russia, Instants Video numériques et poétiques in Marseille, at BORDERCROSSING collateral event @ MANIFESTA12 in Palermo, at the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao for MEM Festival, at MANA Contemporary for BODY + CAMERA FESTIVAL, at MACRO and MAXXI Museum in Rome, at SomoS Art House in Berlin, at the Japan Media Arts Festival in Tokyo and the Margaret Guthman Musical Instrument Competition, organized by the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.