Viewing AR Artworks
HOW CAN I VIEW THE DIGITAL LAYER OF AN ARTWORK?
Open the app and point your device’s camera to the artwork extended with Artivive, and watch as it comes to life through the Artivive app.
WHY WON’T THE VIDEO PLAY THROUGH THE ARTIVIVE APP?
Please make sure that the artwork is extended by Artivive and that the entire image is visible on your screen. Try and keep your hand steady while viewing the digital layer of the artwork. If the surrounding light is poor, switch on a light or use your phone to light it up, by clicking the lightbulb icon on the screen, which will activate your device’s flashlight.
HOW DOES THE SHARING FEATURE WORK?
When viewing an artwork through the app, a “share” button will appear, which allows you to record a portion of the animation/video. Once the recording is complete, you can download it by clicking the “download” icon, or share it on social media by clicking the “share” icon. Please note that the recording will have no sound.
HOW CAN I SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT AN ARTWORK?
Tap on the artwork in the Artivive App while viewing it, or tap on the “i” button to view more information about the artwork. Artists can add links to their website and social media channels. Please note, this function is only available if the artists add the information.
WHY IS THERE A LIMIT OF 10 SECONDS IN THE VIDEO RECORDING FUNCTION?
We limited the recording time to 10 seconds, so people can share something like a trailer of the artwork. The AR extension of artworks made with Artivive can be experienced in full by seeing the analog artwork and scanning it with the app. This limit was requested by our artists, to allow viewers to share a teaser of the experience with others while protecting the artist’s works.
HOW CAN I PROMOTE MY ARTWORKS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS?
For a chance to get featured on our social media channels, click here to submit details about your event, project, or artwork. We look forward to featuring your art!
WHITE-LABEL SOLUTION / I WANT MY OWN APP
We have received requests to offer a white-label solution for Artivive, but ultimately decided not to do so, for the following reasons:
- By offering only one app for iOS and Android, it’s much easier to maintain and update all the OS and to test them on different devices.
- Each month we roll out new features (we plan to have 3D animations, maps, etc.) and we want all artists using the Artivive infrastructure to be able to use these features.
- It’s much faster, easier, and cheaper for our partners to use an app that is already online and working.
- You can take advantage of our fast-growing community.
- Artivive app users (4M+ worldwide) already use the app and don’t need to install a new one with the same functionality.
- The UX of our app is the result of five years of development and design, and we think that hiding the AR feature in another app will diminish the experience of augmented reality art that we have created.