Watch the replay
AR Art Workshop (English)
In this workshop you’ll learn how to make an animation from a still image usign layers and sound, and then turn it into an AR artwork using Artivive App! So bring your imagination and curiosity and get ready to bring your art to life!
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Digital and Non-digital artists
- Artists-beginners and proficient creators
- Art enthusiasts
- Create your first augemented reality art project
- Explore a new medium with your art
- Connect with other artists from all around the world!
- Make sure you have an Artivive account, otherwise register here for free.
- Download Artivive App on your device (smartphone/tablet)
- Install a photo editing software like Affinity Photo, Photoshop, Gimp, Krita, etc.
- Prepare the image that you will work with
- Prepare a sound or a music file to go with the artwork (download a free sound or create your own with Audacity)
- Download and install Moho (any version would work) – Please keep in mind that the Debut version of Moho does not support importing PSD files. It only supports single image layers. I will be demonstrating importing single Image and PSD files for Debut and Pro users.
- Install the latest version of Handbrake
- Prepare a pen tablet or pen monitor (not essential, but will assist with faster selection when creating layers)
This Workshop will be held in English.
Benjamin Mitchley is a South African full-time fine artist, scenic artist, illustrator and 2D digital animator. In 2019 with the introduction of augmented reality to his artworks linked to the Artivive App, this medium has taken him on a new journey with exhibition collaborations with the Artivive company, his participation in the 5th Ranetas VR Fest in Alcaniz, Spain and, The Junction 2nd Annual augmented reality Window Wonderland held in the city of Toronto, 2021. His search for new ideas and experimentation with new techniques, styles and, media is ongoing.